Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this for ZWT5 as a team challenge. Very tasty. Thanks to the Dining Daredevils. Dreamgoddes EmmyDuckie Michelle Bertei tomsawyer Studentchef Mami Janine SueVM HollyGolightly
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatillos, drained and chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, seeds and membrane removed, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Combine the orange jice and cherries. Allow to marinate for at least 20 minutes or longer.
- Combine all ingredients in festive bowl. Serve.
- Note: The longer this is allowed to sit, the mover flavors blend together.
There was too much liquid in this salsa. I would reduce the amount by at least half. Fresh tomatillos work better (raw, not cooked) and were more colorful. Replaced most of the habanero with serrano which I prefer. Freshly cooked beans and white onion; tart cherries for sweet. Reduce garlic to two cloves. Reviewed for PAC 2010.
Excellent recipe. I love how all the different flavors mingle well together. I did cut the recipe in half. This salsa is packed full of heat and just from a tiny pepper (ok, I found the biggest one I could) my lips are still tingling. But that's ok cuz we love heat. I have to admit that after step 1, I served it. Now I can't wait to see how it turns out after it sits for a while. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009 :)