Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Grandma makes this salsa every year for everyone. It has a certain taste that you just can't duplicate. And of course nothing tastes like Grandmas but we can try!
- 8 firm ripe tomatoes, chopped (Romas)
- 2 (226.79 g) canchopped green chilies
- 113.39 g can jalapenos
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 236.59 ml chopped green pepper
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 88.74 ml white vinegar
- 9.85 ml dry oregano leaves
- 14.79 ml salt
- Chop onion and green pepper coarsely.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Put in 1/2 pt. jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Process for 50 minute.
- Makes 8 pints.
- *Time does not include processing time.