Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Grandma makes this salsa every year for everyone. It has a certain taste that you just can't duplicate. And of course nothing tastes like Grandmas but we can try!
- 8 firm ripe tomatoes, chopped (Romas)
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Chop onion and green pepper coarsely.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Put in 1/2 pt. jars, leaving 1/4" headspace.
- Process for 50 minute.
- Makes 8 pints.
- *Time does not include processing time.