Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Authentic salsa recipe mixed with hidden secret flavors that has your guests begging for the recipe. This recipe is mostly traditional with some unique changes over the years after testing and experimenting until satisfaction was found. DO NOT use dried ingredients of ANY sort it just isn't the same. This recipe makes A LOT, but can be portioned and frozen in freezer bags to be pulled out last minute for the next impromptu get together. Just thaw it - toss it in the blender for 2 seconds - & it's ready to go! ENJOY!
- 3 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, & finely chopped leafy parts only.long stems not necessary (washed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (no extra ingredients such as basil or garlic etc.)
- 1 -3 fresh jalapeno, mild
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- MIX all ingredients WITH EXCEPTION of water in large bowl.
- Once all ingredients are incorporated, add 1/3 of batch to blender.
- Blend on "chop" setting for 5 seconds.
- Add water for desired consistency, & blend for 1-2 seconds more, (some like it thick-some don't, you may also blend for a longer period of time if salsa is chunkier than you prefer).
- Pour salsa into empty bowl & continue on until all ingredients have been blended.
- Store in air tight container for up to 2 weeks, or freeze unused portion.