Recipe by Jessica
This stuff is addicting!! I serve salsa with broken pieces of bread or crackers. You may toss it with pasta or put on a salad, the possibilities are endless. I'm often asked to make it for parties because most people just adore this dip. -ADDED: I just recently discovered that this is Michael Chiarello's recipe & here all this time I thought my mother in law was a genius for coming up with this wonderful recipe.
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese, broken into 1 inch chunks
- 8 ounces asiago cheese, broken into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except olive oil into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse for 10 seconds while adding olive oil.
- Scrape sides and pulse for another 10-15 seconds until cheese is chopped into small granules.
- Transfer mixture into a sealed container and refrigerate for up to one week.
- *** Bring to room temperature before serving.