Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Green Enchilada Sauce. The real deal, from scratch, made with tomatillos and a little jalapeno.
- 1 lb tomatillo, husks removed
- 1 jalapeno chile
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Place tomatillos and jalapeno in a saucepan and just cover with water. Simmer 8 - 10 minutes. (tomatillos will turn soft).
- Place tomatillos, chile and one cup of the cooking water in a blender, add garlic and blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet, add sauce from blender and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- salt to taste.
- Serve over chicken, pork, burritos or enchiladas.
I made this salsa and it is really good. I will make it again. I used it with chicken burritos. yum