Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This salsa sounds amazing! From the Gormet Sleuth wesite. This versatile sauce is served with some classic Veracruzan antojitos (appetizers, snacks). The chunky-textured original was made with a Mexican stone mortar and pestle.
Top Review by clkaka33
This salsa was excellent, the only thing I did different was grilled all the veggies
turned out so good tasted like it came from a restaurant, it definitely deserved a photo. Thanks for Sharing this recipe, CCheryl
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in chunks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 -3 serrano chili peppers, stems removed, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo, cut into quarters (6 - 8 average-sized tomatillos)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado, ripe
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, process the garlic and salt to a paste.
- Scrape down the sides if necessary with a rubber spatula; add the onion, chiles, tomatillos, and cilantro.
- Process with an on-off motion to make a slight chunky puree.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into the machine and process to the desired smoothness.
- Serve within 1 hour (or preferably at once).