Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa sounds amazing! From the Gormet Sleuth wesite. This versatile sauce is served with some classic Veracruzan antojitos (appetizers, snacks). The chunky-textured original was made with a Mexican stone mortar and pestle.
- In a food processor or blender, process the garlic and salt to a paste.
- Scrape down the sides if necessary with a rubber spatula; add the onion, chiles, tomatillos, and cilantro.
- Process with an on-off motion to make a slight chunky puree.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into the machine and process to the desired smoothness.
- Serve within 1 hour (or preferably at once).
This salsa was excellent, the only thing I did different was grilled all the veggies
turned out so good tasted like it came from a restaurant, it definitely deserved a photo. Thanks for Sharing this recipe, CCheryl