Recipe by Mrs Goodall
I was looking for a really good Pico de Gallo salsa. I came upon this fabulous Chilean version (Pebre) in the Moosewood cookbook. Apparently this is Chile's most popular side dish and is served with every meal. Awesome just with chips or with anything you'd serve with salsa.
Top Review by AD #2
This tastes exactly like the pebre I had so often in Chile. Thank you.
I used scallions for the onion, and sriracha for the hot sauce. Excellent with fresh ingredients - I recommend making it the night before and letting it sit in the fridge until you serve.
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion (or scallions)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Tabasco or your favorite brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)