Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one I like alot-I do add more cilantro when making it for myself.
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup red onion
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Toss everything together and let stand for 30 minutes.
I recently had something similar to this at a festival, and was looking to make it at home. Diana kindly pointed me in this direction (thank you!). I didn't have any bell peppers, but otherwise followed the directions to a T. I let this sit for about an hour. The flavour mellowed perfectly, and became a delicous combination of flavour and spice. I'll make this again, and I will probably let it marinate for a couple of hours, to really let the spices do their thing. I had this with chorizo and Diana's refried beans, which I also suggest you give whirl... both are heavenly creatures! :)