Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
from the rocky mountain news AKA pico de gallo
- 3 large firm tomatoes, diced small
- 3 -6 serrano peppers, chilles seeded and ribbed finely minced
- 1⁄4 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 sprigs cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- combine all ingredients and chill for 24 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- if onion is to strong place in a bowl and pour hot water over it and drain to remove some of the oils.
- to get more juice out of a lime microwave on high for 1 minute and then roll on countertop before cutting and squeezing.