Recipe by katie in the UP
This simple dish, from El Bordo de las Lanzas, looks like a salsa but is usually eaten as a side dish with grilled or roasted meats.
Top Review by Galley Wench
5 bright stars for Katie! This is a great recipe. Instead of bell peppers and a serrano chili I used a poblano pepper (better known as GW's peppers) and added a couple tablespoons of cilantro. Served with Mysteryshopper's Empanadas and it was perfect! Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small yellow onion, diced peeled
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, diced cored
- 1 green bell pepper, diced, seeded, cored
- 1 fresh serrano chili, chopped seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour olive oil and red wine vinegar into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add onion, tomatoes, and green bell pepper to the bowl.
- Toss vegetables with the dressing until evenly coated.
- Add chile to the bowl and stir. Season to taste with salt.
- Set aside for 30 minutes before serving.