Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quick and rich meal which can be made with every other kind of meat, too. You can preapare it hours (or even a day) before, get dressed and put it in the oven, when your friends arive.
- Mix heavy cream and salsa in a casserole.
- Wash the chicken breasts and dry them with a paper towel.
- Lay them into the sauce and cover them with the mixture.
- Bake 1 hour at 400° F or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- If you don't eat meat you can substitute the chicken with feta and bake it for approx 20 minutes.
- Serve with white wine, pita bread, rice or/ and fresh garden salad.
Hi Clara12; Such a simple recipe to make and it has that nice Salsa/Creamy combination taste. I also love experimenting to make various kinds of chicken recipes. I am recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor, promoter and the ladies gave me a title, "BSG" "Uncle Bill"
This was so QUICK and EASY and GOOD! I cut my chicken into smaller pieces(in half)The chicken came out nice and tender, could cut it with a fork. I used "medium" heat fiesta style salsa and it was just right for those who dont like alot of "heat". I will use "hot" salsa though when its just for me and DH. I cooked up some plain minute rice mixed with some black beans and the sauce was great over it. This is a great QUICKFIX meal when you don't feel like spending time in the kithen.
This is a FABULOUS recipe and soooo easy!!! I used chipotle salsa, which gave it a wonderful smoky taste. I served it over pasta. YUMMY! This is a new favorite!