Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on a jar of gourmet salsa. They are wonderful!
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups fresh flaked crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup flour
- Combine cream and bread crumbs in a bowl, let sit.
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until onions are translucent (3-5 min).
- In large mixing bowl, mix bread crumb mixture, onions, eggs, crab meat, lemon juice, salsa, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for an least one hour. Form crab cakes to desired size (2 1/2 in diameter), and dust with flour.
- Melt remaining butter in large saute pan so that butter covers entire bottom of pan. Saute crab cakes 3 min each side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve topped with spritz of lemon juice and top with extra salsa.
- *I have also done these with a salsa that is homemade with corn in it, so if you that idea, omit about 1/4 cup of salsa and substituted it with shoepeg or cream corn!
- Depending on how big you make these, you should get enough for 6 people to have a fairly portioned cake.