Recipe by everything zen
This is a refreshing, tasty soup for any time of year. You can use fresh corn, homemade salsa, and adjust the spices according to how hot you like it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups corn (frozen)
- 2 cups salsa (the hotter the better!)
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can chicken or 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter in large saucepan. Stir in flour, chili.
- powder, and cumin. Add corn, salsa, broth, and pimientos. Bring to a.
- boil. Remove from heat. Gradually add 1/4 cup hot mixture to cream.
- cheese (I find it works best to soften cream cheese until melted) in.
- small bowl, stirring until well-blended. Add cream cheese mixture and.
- milk to saucepan, stirring until well blended. Cook until thoroughly.
- heated. DO NOT BOIL. Yields 6-8 servings. Chowder freezes well!
- Can also add ground meat, chicken, turkey, veggie crumbles, or ham to this chowder for.
- a tasty variation. Serve with a tossed salad and cornbread for a.
- wonderful, yet simple meal.