Recipe by JiveJeanne
I made this up when looking for a filling recipe to serve with tortilla chips and scoops, and have to make double batches every time because everyone practically inhales it! I make it year-round, it's good for picnics and any group gathering.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Since I host several groups each month, I'm always willing to try new dips & spreads, &, like this one, I do fine those I'm happy to add to my finger food counter! This is A VERY NICE TASTING, EASY-TO-MAKE DIP! I did use the medium salsa (MY personal preference) & I also made half the batch as indicated & the other half topped with a bit of shredded colby jack cheese! Both were depleted at about the same rate, so . . . Thanks for a very nice recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (medium to hot, your preference)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the corn and black beans, rinse and drain off all excess water. Mix all three ingredients thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to use. Allow at least 3 hours for the flavors to blend, preferably making this one day ahead.
- Note: For a spicier mix, use one jar medium salsa and one jar hot salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- "Cooking" time is just the time it takes for the flavors to blend.