Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in our local paper during the lent season. It has a good flavor and very filling.
- 1 (16 ounce) thick & chunky salsa
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 lb cod fish fillet, cut into fourths
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 425.
- Spray 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 1/2 cup salsa for top.
- Combine beans, bell pepper and remaining salsa in sprayed dish.
- Arrange fish over bean mixture.
- Spoon reserved salsa over fish.
- Sprinkle with onions.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine parsey, lime zest and garlic, mix well.
- Serve fish and bean mixture sprinkled with parsley mixture.