Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Due to lack of ingredients, a few changes were made to the original recipe which I found in the 2002 Taste of Home Quick Cooking Cookbook.It was sent to them by Becky Christman from Bridgeton,Missouri.I don't think that my changes affected the final results of the recipe. If you have that cookbook the original recipe is on page 182.The original ingredients are in parenthesis. Posted to Food.com (a.k.a. " ZAAR " ) on July 5th.,2011
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 bouillon cubes, dissolved in 2 cups boiling water (original recipe called for 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (if using the bouillon cubes adjust the water accordingly )
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili seasoning mix (chili powder)
- 1 cup leftover corn (frozen corn)
- 1 cup medium heat salsa (original recipe didn't say what heat level to use)
- shredded monterey jack cheese (to me, cheese isn't an option ( ) (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add broth,chicken,water and chili powder or chili seasoning mix( which ever one you are using).
- Bring to a boil,then cover and reduce heat.Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and salsa,bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.If you like add a bit of cheese to each serving.