Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe couldn't be any easier. And the taste is fabulous! Of course, your favorite salsa makes it even better. I got this recipe from my cousin in Texas, who cooks only meals that are quick, effortless, and delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups salsa
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a casserole pan (I use 9 x 11), comine and mix salsa, mustard, and lime juice.
- Add chicken breast-- covering with salsa mixture.
- Marinade in refrigerator for 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for one hour, or until done.
- I always bake the chicken in the entire contents of the salsa mixture.
- Since you marinated your chicken in a 9 x 11 pan, just put the whole thing in the oven.
- Makes it very easy!
My family LOVES this recipe! So easy and delicious! I always use my favorite Chi Chi's original mild salsa. It is tangy, not hot. I have cooked this in the crock pot too, although the sauce is a bit watery. Yummy! This one is a keeper! Thanks Jenny Beadnut!!!
Good stuff and supremely easy! I wasn't sure how it was going to taste, because it had a very tangy smell to it once it was cooked. Even though this is definitely a dish with some "zip" to it, the flavors melded together rather well, and it didn't taste as tangy as it smelled. I'll definitely make it again.
This is sooooo easy but the flavor is superb! If you like it kicked up, this is your dish...I will use this recipe over and over....