8 hrs 10 mins
so good! and so easy! my boyfriend and I seriously make this 2 days in a row so that we have a big pot of it. You can make it into a sandwich, or eat it with tortilla chips for a party, or you can put it over rice and enjoy it that way! This recipe came from a friend, she got it from a recipe book at the dollar store, I would have thought it would already be on here, but nope. So I figured I'd let you all enjoy it as much as we do :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1-Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with PAM.
- 2-Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- 3-Cover the chicken with the packet of taco seasoning.
- 4-Pour the salsa on top, and smooth it out so it covers everything.
- 5-Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- 6***Be sure not to remove the lid at anytime, as if you do you will need to add 30 mins to cooking time. (not worth it :) )***.
- 7-When chicken is done, take 2 forks and shred the chicken and the salsa will absorb into it (also the salsa will not taste like salsa anymore, it reduces to more of a juicy sauce instead of chunky).
- 8-Serve anyway you'd like :) with rice, with tortilla chips, in a torpedo roll, or any other way you can think of!. its delicious all ways!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.0
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 845.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 24.6 g