Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
so good! and so easy! my boyfriend and I seriously make this 2 days in a row so that we have a big pot of it. You can make it into a sandwich, or eat it with tortilla chips for a party, or you can put it over rice and enjoy it that way! This recipe came from a friend, she got it from a recipe book at the dollar store, I would have thought it would already be on here, but nope. So I figured I'd let you all enjoy it as much as we do :)
- -Lightly spray the inside of the slow cooker with PAM.
- -Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- -Cover the chicken with the packet of taco seasoning.
- -Pour the salsa on top, and smooth it out so it covers everything.
- -Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- ***Be sure not to remove the lid at anytime, as if you do you will need to add 30 mins to cooking time. (not worth it :) )***.
- -When chicken is done, take 2 forks and shred the chicken and the salsa will absorb into it (also the salsa will not taste like salsa anymore, it reduces to more of a juicy sauce instead of chunky).
- -Serve anyway you'd like :) with rice, with tortilla chips, in a torpedo roll, or any other way you can think of!. its delicious all ways!
Great dish! We used it for tacos, quesadillas & in puff pastry to make easy empanadas. Will be making again soon!
Do not use this for any less than three chicken breasts apparently. I tried using two and I was out for only five hours. When I got home and opened the door, I was hit with the smell of burning. My dinner is completely ruined. Terribly disappointing.
Love it. Simple and easy