Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful recipe from taste of home. Nice and easy! You can also add green chiles or jalapenos for spicier dish.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups white rice, cooked (I prefer jasmine)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, I use reduced fat
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute mushrooms, green pepper, onion, celery, corn and garlic for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add salsa and reserved chicken; heat through.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with cheese and sour cream.