Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and tasty meal. I love the Mexican/southwest flavors in this easy dish.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- heat oil in large skillet on med-high. add chicken, cook for 5 minute each side, remove and cover to keep warm.
- add salsa, water, corn and ricotta cheese to skillet, mix well. stir in rice and top with chicken. sprinkle with cheese and cover skillet with lid. let stand 5 minutes on stove top.
I can recommend this dish for a quick and tasty meal on a work night. In step two I brought the salsa, water and corn to a boil to ensure the corn was cooked. I then mixed in the ricotta. After the ricotta was incorporated I took the pan off the heat, sirred in the rice, topped with the chicken, sprinkled on the cheese and let it sit covered for 5 minutes. I had three of my six kids at the table that night and they all enjoyed it. My husband was hoping for a little more zip (I used mild salsa in consideration of the youngsters). I'm not rating with stars only because I'll be tweaking the recipe to enhance flavors that my family loves. Some ideas are to add green chilis, cilantro, garlic, pepper jack cheese and perhaps try substituting cottage cheese or cream cheese for the ricotta. Thank you for posting this recipe - it will be a part of my weekday meal rotation!