Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Eat Better America.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- 4 whole grain buns, split
- 1⁄4 cup black bean dip
- 1⁄4 cup organic garlic cilantro salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- Set oven control to broil.
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 15 to 20 minutes, turning once (and adding buns, cut sides up, the last 3 to 4 minutes), until chicken is no longer pink in center and buns are lightly toasted.
- Spread bottom half of each bun with 1 tablespoon dip.
- Top each with chicken breast; spread with 1 tablespoon salsa.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons lettuce and top of bun.