Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have no idea if salsa chicken even goes with lemon-pepper rice, but the picture I have of this recipe shows the chicken on the rice! Maybe I'm just a little slow, and don't know what goes with what! This is a very very fast recipe- Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups water
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the green pepper; cook for 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Stir in salsa; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- During this time, in a saucepan bring water and lemon-pepper to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Remove from heat; cover and let rice stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, and serve.