1/2 Photos of Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot
4 hrs 35 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
We went on a trip over Labor Day with some friends of ours and they made this for dinner one night. I made it again the next weekend for our big family dinner we have once a month. I received compliments from everyone! Try it, it is so easy. These are the measurements I used. There were 6 adults (we each ate at least 2) and 3 kids (they ate maybe 1 1/2 between them) and we had tons of extras. Next time I will cut it not quite in half for that size of a group. My servings and yields are just estimates because we had so much left over-hard to gauge. I used thawed chicken when I made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be either thaw or frozen)
- 2 (793.78 g) jar salsa (if you want it a bit drier, use less-you can always add more later)
- 432.33 g can black beans, drained
- 432.33 g canned corn kernels, drained
- 1In the crock pot, place the chicken breasts and the salsa on top. Heat on high for several hours (mine took about 4 1/2 to 5 hours).
- 2About 15-20 minutes before serving, shred the chicken with a fork and add the beans and corn, mixing to combine. Continue cooking until the beans and corn are warmed through.
- 3Serve on flour tortillas with whatever garnishes you want to add.
- 4Eat like a burrito. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 1315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 32.5 g