Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a great healthy recipe. I eat it often since starting to lose weight. Throw it in the crock and at dinner time you have a tasty and healthy meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Add chicken to slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve with rice.
- You may use half the packet of taco seasoning (I have started doing this to reduce sodium content myself).
- Some slow cookers cook faster than others. Mine is a true slow cooker (have had it over 10 years.) The newer ones cook a bit faster and you may have to adjust your cooking time based on that!
- Number of Servings: 6.
This is a yummy and easy recipe! I used reduced sodium ingredients with half the pkg. of seasoning. I combined the salsa and the soup before topping the chicken and I used my rectangular slow cooker so the pcs. fit perfectly. Set to #3 for 6 hrs, stirred in the sour cream and served it with brown rice. The sauce was perfect! Pass this recipe on...it's a keeper.
This was great and super easy. I did make one change based on what I had on hand ... I had to sub the cream of mushroom soup for cream of chicken. The chicken was super moist and tasty. Oh and I also added the juice from a can of chicken as I thought the sauce was a bit thick.