Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Zingy chicken burgers from Canadian living mag.
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 16 slices thin English cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- tomatoes, slices (to garnish)
- pickle (to garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, salsa, parsley, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; mix in chicken.
- Shape into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- In nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium high heat; fry patties, turning once, until golden and no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast buns.
- Sandwich patties in buns along with lettuce, cucumber and cheese.
- Serve tomato slices and pickles on the side.
Very good. I did not use the hot sauce and put in 2 or 3 times the bread crumbs. Then I grilled them on the BBQ. They had a very good taste to them and stayed together on the grill great.