Recipe by Deantini
A tasty stray from the usual burger and a healthier alternative. Accompany with your regular burger toppings
Top Review by Random Rachel
These were tasty! After reading the reviews, I added an egg to help it hold together - I didn't have any problems, they turned out beautifully. I used 99% fat free ground turkey, which is pretty bland, so I think some cumin would have been nice. For ZWT7 silverados
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml salsa, mild
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml hot pepper sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 453.59 g lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil (for frying burgers, can be omitted if you have a good pan)
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, salsa, parsley, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix in chicken.
- Shape into 4 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, fry burgers turning once until golden and no longer pink inside - approx 12 minutes.
- Heat buns and serve.