Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
from 3 fat chicks 3 WW points
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place chicken in an 11 × 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon salsa evenly over chicken; top with green onions. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with hot cooked rice or baked potatoes.
Super easy and super tasty! To mix things up a little, I place a thin layer of crushed tortilla chips on the bottom of my baking dish. They soaked up the juice from the salsa nicely, and gave the dish some nice texture.
*Reviewed for ZWT5* A very easy chicken dish to put together that you could easily make for a larger group. Looking at the photos posted by others.....I think my salsa was a little runnier. My salsa formed a light soupy sauce around the chicken which was lovely served over the rice. Photo also being posted. We served this dish with Spanish Roasted Tomato Salad and Spanish Rice Using Tomato Sauce.
I have made this recipe several times now and I like it with some seasonings on the chicken also, I usually add a little salt, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. Thanks for the recipe.