1/5 Photos of Salsa Chicken
When I was doing Weight Watchers and the boys were home, I got really tired of fixing 3 sets of meals each night. When I came upon this recipe - I just didn't tell them this was WW and to this day they still don't know. When the boys come home now - this is one dish they will request. Super fast & easy to fix on work nights. 4 oz. = 4 WW points (without rice) *Note - in response to some reviews that experience the sauce being too runny or thin...extend the reduction time (after removing lid). It may take another 5-10 minutes to thicken and have the consistency you desire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 12 inch skillet, cook chicken over medium high heat in UNSEASONED pan (do NOT spray with PAM or add any oil or butter).
- 2Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Chicken will stick a bit to skillet when turning but that is ok.
- 4Cook till just brown- you want a bit of color.
- 5Add the entire jar of Salsa and the can of Diet Coke.
- 6Reduce heat to medium low- and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, covered.
- 7Remove lid, turn chicken and continue to simmer until sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
- 8When ready to serve, squeeze juice from 1 fresh lime over the chicken.
- 9I serve this over yellow rice (I just add turmeric to my rice when cooking- adds nice bright yellow color!).
- 10Do not use regular Coke as this will turn out too sweet.
- 11I promise--you cannot taste the Diet Coke.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 824.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g