Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Comes out hot, and the flavour is wonderful! if adding Velveeta cheese, and like it spicy, add more jalapeños. Also, recipe is really flexible, so you can add more or less of something that you really like! and i cant remember where I found this recipe!
- 1 green peppers (or 1/2 of each) or 1 red pepper (or 1/2 of each)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 jalapenos (I use 2 for regular salsa, and 3 or 4 for cheesy salsa)
- 4 garlic cloves (use more or less, just depends)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 dash red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese (optional)
- Dice up all the veggies.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic and onions and let cook till onions are a little clear.
- Add the peppers and mix it in with the garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the jalapeños and and mix it it with the peppers, garlic, and onions and cook for about a minute.
- Add a dash of red wine vinegar (this brings out the flavour of the veggies so well!) cook for a few minutes, stirring it constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, with the juice, mixing it well.
- Turn the heat down, and let them simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut the Velveeta cheese in chunks.
- Melt the cheese in the microwave for about 4 minutes (or until its melted) stirring every minute so it doesn't burn.
- Add the melted cheese to the salsa.
- Either whisk or use an electric mixer on the lowest setting to combine the cheese with the salsa.
- You can eat it hot, or let it cool! it keeps good in the fridge for a few days!