Recipe by Mirj
Another one of my super-low-carb discoveries. Great as an appetizer or a snack, good at parties.
Top Review by twissis
I cannot believe my luck at getting to tag such a great make-ahead, yummy to eat & elegant to look at Tex-Mex style appy! As we agreed, I made the recipe in ramekin servings. They were so easy to fix, we loved them & they are certainly company-worthy. Once again versatility got high points from me as this dish works as an appy, part of a Tex-Mex breakfast or brunch, a side-dish & buffet or potluck item, or even as a picnic or patio party item since it is served cold, made ahead & the ingredients are easily portable. My mind races w/endless options & I expect to use all of them. Thx for posting this great recipe for us, Mirj. :-)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese with the eggs until blended.
- Mix in the salsa.
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the cheese/egg/salsa mixture into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cool for ten minutes.
- Loosen sides of pan, and cool to room temperature.
- Remove the sides and chill until just before serving.
- Spread the top of cheesecake with sour cream and sprinkle with red pepper, green onion and cheddar cheese.
- Cut in wedges to serve.