Recipe by gertc96
I found this on the back of a kraft package. Sounds really yummy and I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
I have made a very similar recipe to this many times (almost a standard in our house). Only difference - use vegetable oil rather dressing to brown chicken. Must try this next time. Also, Monterey Jack cheese is good too.
- 2 tablespoons light zesty Italian dressing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 green pepper, large cut into strips
- 1 tomatoes, large chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken; cover and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add peppers to skillet; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes and salsa.
- Return chicken to skillet; simmer, covered on medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees).
- Top with cheese; cook, covered, 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice.