Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT 7
Make and share this Salsa Carioca (Venezuela Salad) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 medium serrano peppers, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 hardboiled egg, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients together for the dressing in a small bowl. Set aside while chopping the salad ingredients.
- Note: Gently scoop out the seeds from the tomato before chopping it.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss in the dressing then serve.
Oh yum! This is terrific, I love this for everything listed. The dressing is enough to send you into a salsa-salad coma, and I used the FULL amount of hot sauce. (I love hot, hot, hot!) Yum, I didn't change one thing about this, it is perfect the way it is. ZWT 7
I used considerably less hot pepper sauce in the dressing for this salad than called for and it still had enough heat for us. Liked the blend of all the ingredients and the heat of the serrano worked really well with the bland, butteriness of the avocado and tart tomato. Enjoyed with Two-Way Argentinean Barbecued Steak (Churrasco) and Platanos Fritos (Sauteed Plantains). Thanks.