Recipe by English_Rose
This quick and easy recipe combines chicken breasts with a piquant stuffing and is packed with flavour.
Top Review by Alskann
I found this to be very flavorful and easy to make. The only chicken I had on hand was skinless, boneless thighs. So I cut pockets into each thigh and filled it with the salsa butter and secured it with toothpicks. I then followed the rest of the recipe exact. Because of the saltiness of the anchovies I would probably use unsalted butter next time. It was a little salty, but I like salt, some people don't. I will definitely make this one again. The salsa butter would also go good with steak or seafood.
For the salsa butter
- 4 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted anchovies
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, leaves and stems
- 2 teaspoons unwaxed lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, skin on
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix all the salsa the ingredients together. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Separate the skin of the chicken from the breast - without completely removing it and spread the salsa butter underneath.
- Heat an oven-proof frying pan and brown the chicken on both sides.
- Place in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with salad leaves.