Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One day as I was making hamburgers, I thought about putting some homemade salsa that had been given to me in the beef mixture. The result turned out to be a fantastic new way of making hamburgers and have been our go-to recipe ever since! The salsa makes the beef incredibly moist, while adding a kick of flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- Mix together the beef, salsa, salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill to your desired temperature.
- Top with cheese the last minute to melt.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Definately a different way to make, SO healthy for you and your family sake! DEFINATE keeper as enjoy bit of variety! These worked very well using mozarella as can't get monterey jack here, TRUE! Thank you for posting and is good for higher protein/lower carb too!