1/1 Photo of Salsa Bread Strips With Avocado Salsa
A yummy recipe that I tweeked a little to my liking. Adapted from Paul Newman's Own website. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf french 9-grain bread, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild salsa (or medium or hot salsa to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (4 cheese blend)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely snipped
- 2 teaspoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Lay sliced French bread cut side up onto a baking sheet.
- 3In a small bowl combine oil, cumin, and garlic powder; stir.
- 4Brush the seasoned oil mixture onto the cut side of both bread halves with a pastry brush. Spread salsa evenly on top of bread halves. Sprinkle the halves with the Mexican cheese and top with crumbled Parmesan cheese or queso fresco cheese. Place into 425*F. oven.
- 5Bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is good and crusty.
- 6While the bread is baking, prepare the relish.
- 7In a medium size bowl, mix avocados, lime juice, cilantro, scallions, garlic, celery salt, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- 8Remove the bread from the oven. Allow to cool a few minutes.
- 9Using a serrated knife, slice bread halves across into 2 inch strips.
- 10To serve put salsa bread strips on a nice plate or platter with avocado relish in a separate bowl. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Bread Strips With Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.3
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 960.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: