Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From EatingWell Sept/Oct 2011
Make and share this Salsa-Braised Kale recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 cups kale, about 1 large bunch stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Cotija cheese
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add kale and toss until bright green, about 1 minute.
- Stir in salsa and water. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese.