Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Just the name cracks me up! This is a great salsa! It might seem unusual for you but serve this warm! It is a great change of pace! This is also great on top of tacos or enchiladas or anything!
Top Review by KateL
Very zesty, and very easy. The spices seemed rather heavy to me, but I acknowledge that DH and I don't go real spicy. So the difference from 5 stars is due to personal preference, not an error in the recipe. I'm interested to see how this tastes the 2nd day. I used 1 can of diced tomatoes, but followed the recipe otherwise. Thanks for sharing this recipe, mama's kitchen! Made for I Recommend Tag based on Mami Janine's review.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 jalapenos, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic, chili powder, and jalapenos and saute.
- When the mixture begins to foam add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with tortilla chips.