Recipe by Ridgely
The unique combination of ingredients to this recipe is what caught my eye- salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce and lime juice. This is a stew type recipe that ended up being absolutely fantastic! It can be served over rice and even mashed potatoes. The recipe originated from a website called idontcook.net which is no longer in service.
Top Review by Bessa
This dish is simple and tasty! I ended up cooking it in the crock pot, and forgot to add the cilantro and lime juice, and it was still delicious. I served it over rice, which was a great combo.
- 1 (2 -3 lb) boneless beef shoulder or 1 (2 lb) rump roast (I used chuck)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from beef and cut into bite-size cubes.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven and brown meat in batches.
- Pour off drippings.
- Add salsa, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or longer.
- Remove lid and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove beef from heat and add cilantro and lime juice.