Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Easy and Diabetic-friendly. Use your preference- Hot- medium or mild Salsa.(Thick and Chunky)
Top Review by BakinBaby
Nice dip. I used my homegrown horticulture beans (frozen) and it turned out lovely. Very different than the usual bean dip. Will serve this evening during happy hour. Tagged in everyday's a holiday.
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dark brown chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the salsa in a sieve over a large bowl.
- Tap the sieve occasionally to help the salsa drain until the chunky part remains in the sieve, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Discard the liquid.
- In the bowl, mash the beans slightly with a fork.
- Add the chunky portion of the salsa, lemon juice, chili powder, and cumin. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.