Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Also from Chef Rick Bayless, this is similar to Salsa Baked Goat Cheese, but uses pumpkin seeds. YUM! Serve with chips, crackers or toasted bread.
- 1⁄3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 ounces softened reduced-fat cream cheese or 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese (I used La Buchette with Fine Herbs)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (Frontera Jalapeno Cilantro recommended)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pumpkin seeds and cheeses in small bowl; shape into a disk and place in an oven-proof baking dish. Top with salsa.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until piping hot.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve!
I made a mini batch just for me and served with sun chips. Nice flavors and satisfying taste. Thanks!
PRMR! This was right down my ally...We all love dip an this was great. Interesting mix of ingredients but it works! Thanks.
Wow what a unique and delicious combo of flavors. I wouldn't have paired goat cheese and salsa together on my own but it's so good! This dip was a big big hit at a potluck I went to last night. I did leave out the pepitas but only because I couldn't find them at the store.