Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pretty simple salsa, I'm told by the originator that it's authentic.
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped into 1/4 ",cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped loosely packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- combine everything, mix, adjust seasoning.
- Allow to sit for a couple hours in the fridge for the flavors to meld.
Heavenly !! I added a tiny bit more cilantro and some chopped jalapeno. We usually buy salsa at Trader Joes but I thought I would give it a shot ~~ Great recipe!
This recipe was easy and very tasty. I added a couple of chilis for spice.
I used this in Southwestern Bean Salad yum. I did use sweet onions ather than red as that is what I had on hand.