Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use fresh tomatoes but I love the convenience of canned tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 jalapeno, diced (or however spicy you want it, you can add more)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- sugar (I sometimes add a little 1/2 tsp of sugar to balance out the bitterness of the onion but it's not a )
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Pulse until mixed and to your likeness. (I prefer less chunky salsa so I pulse mine until it's almost a puree, kind of like the salsa at Chili's.).
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour to blend spices.
- Serve with low-sodium baked tortilla chips.