Top Review by Gina Carlson
This salsa was excellent!! This was the first time I had canned and it was wonderful. I had all the vegetables in my garden!! I'll have to make sure I make it agin this year. My family loves it.
- 6 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves!)
- 177.44 ml onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 354.88 ml vinegar
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and Tabasco, return to boil.
- Reduce again, covered and continue cooking for 10 additional minutes.
- Pack in 6 sterilized 8 oz jars.
- Make sure to use all the liquid.
- Divide evenly amount the jars.
- Put on caps.
- Screw bands firmly tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
- Start counting processing time when water returns to a boil.