Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves!)
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Combine all ingredients except tomato paste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and Tabasco, return to boil.
- Reduce again, covered and continue cooking for 10 additional minutes.
- Pack in 6 sterilized 8 oz jars.
- Make sure to use all the liquid.
- Divide evenly amount the jars.
- Put on caps.
- Screw bands firmly tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
- Start counting processing time when water returns to a boil.
This salsa was excellent!! This was the first time I had canned and it was wonderful. I had all the vegetables in my garden!! I'll have to make sure I make it agin this year. My family loves it.