Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Hello, My daughter lives in the UK Cornwall Anyway we love spicy foods and this is a wonderful salsa recipe. Make it as hot or as mild as you want the flavor will still be wonderful. It can be doubled or tripled or whatever. This recipe will feed 4 adults a snack. Let me know what you think.
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded (don't have to) and diced
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped (like Texas sweet or red)
- 1-3 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and chill for 2 hours before serving with chips.
- The Cilantro is very important to this dish.
Little prep time, and delicious! I used the small cherry tomatoes from my garden, which worked well. Very light, zesty, spicy and all together authentic!
Just right with 3 jalapenos and I used 3 tbsp freh lime juice with a bit of zest. Excellent salsa Thanks Wildlife
Wonderful salsa recipe, especially for a beginner! I used fresh romas (5) and jalapenos (2) from my garden and was super proud to serve this tasty treat, which I will be making over and over again this summer! I may let my tomatoes drain a bit next time, as the salsa is a little too juicy, but that is OK too! I like the tang from the lime, and the underlying 'bite' from the cumin. Thanks so much for sharing this great dip, WildlifeDi!