Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The radishes add both flavor and an interesting texture to this salsa. Bitter orange juice is dificult to find outside of Yucatan. So, you can approximate the flavor profile by mixing 1 part orange juice with 2 parts grapefruit juice. As a variation to this recipe, you can add 1/4 cup diced tomato or avocado. Serve this salsa as an accompaniment to seafood, chicken, or pork dishes.
- 2 habaneros, deseeded and destemed, minced
- 1 large purple onion, diced
- 8 -10 radishes, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 3 tablespoons bitter orange juice or 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the cilantro, in a bowl and mix well.
- Allow to sit for 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.
I used one habanero and the best quality radishes available. For the bitter orange, the suggestion of part orange juice/part grapefruit was used. Spicy, refreshing; very colorful! Thanks for sharing. cg ;)