Recipe by Member #610488
This easy take on a sandwich sold by vendors along Rio de Janeiro’s beaches is packed with grated vegetables, sweet raisins, fresh lime juice, and cilantro.
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 946.36 ml roasted chicken meat, shredded (homemade or from a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 1 large celery, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml yellow onions, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml carrot, grated
- 118.29 ml beet, grated
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 boston lettuce leaves
- 8 slice whole wheat bread, toasted if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of the lime juice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the chicken, raisins, celery, and onion. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In another medium bowl, combine the oil with the remaining 1 tbsp lime juice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix in the carrots, beets, and cilantro.
- Put a lettuce leaf on 4 of the bread slices, then top with the chicken salad, carrot mixture, another lettuce leaf, and another slice of bread.