Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great favorite of Brazilians as a summer salad; great for picnics, it's almost a meal in itself... Found online and posted for ZWT7.
- 2 -3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded (cooked)
- 2 slices ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can hearts of palm, chopped
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can corn
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can peas
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped (you can omit it, if you can't eat green peppers for any reason)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green olives
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (sprinkle with garlic salt before adding the mayo)
- Mix it all together and put it in the fridge until you're ready to serve.
- If mangoes are in season, add one chopped mango. In Brazil, people like to sprinkle this salad with matchstick potato chips right before it goes to the table.