Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In a shallow baking dish, lightly coat the bottom with 1 tbls of olive oil.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle 2 tbls of olive oil over salmon and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat the remaining olive oil and add fennel, garlic and as many artichoke heart as you like. (Drain and pat dry the artichokes before adding them.) Saute for about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sun-dried tomatoes, dill and lemon juice.
- Pour over salmon and bake 15 to 20 minutes until fish flakes with a fork.
- Thoroughly wash spinach and steam until wilted.
- Place salmon on a plate of spinach, top with mixture and serve.
This was a nice dish. I thought the ingredients sounded amazing and that they would all pair well, however, it was lacking a bit of flavor for us. I used extra garlic and a whole can of artichokes and added a sprinkle or two of crushed red peppers. The cooking time was perfect but we were looking for a bit more oomph. To be fair to MsPia, I have to add that I did not use marinated artichokes because I'm not a fan of the taste of the marinade. I used regular artichokes instead and increased the spices to offset this. Because of this, I have revised my original rating. Thank you so much for posting this Ms.Pia! Made for the Northern Mediterranean Photo Challenge.